Effective as of 10 February 2023
Thank you for visiting the website of Scigen Pte Ltd (“Site”).
Please read the following carefully as access and use of the Site and any of its content are subjected to:-
- the terms and conditions contained herein;
- the Privacy Notices and Cookie Notice that is available in our Privacy Hub; and
- any other rules, guidelines, licenses, and disclaimers posted on the Site by SciGen with respect to your access and use of the Site.
This Site can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain general references to our products and services that are not available in your country. Such references do not imply that we intend to announce or offer such products or services in your country. This Site is controlled and operated by us from our offices in Singapore. We make no representation or warranties (express or implied) that content in the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
The accessibility and operation of the Site relies on technologies outside our control. We do not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of Site.
During your course of interacting on the Site, you may voluntarily submit personal data (such as full legal name and personal contact information) and other information. To learn more about how your personal data may be processed, please refer to the privacy notices in our Privacy Hub.
Please note that the Site is not intended to receive any confidential and proprietary information. Any information, audio, sound, video, text, data, documents, and materials of any kind that you submit (hereinafter referred to as “submissions”) to us through the Site (via electronic mail or by any other means of communication) IS TREATED AS NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY, AND WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO SUCH SUBMISSIONS.
You understand that any and all of your submissions may be used by SciGen and its designees in any manner for any purpose, and SciGen and its designees shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such submissions for any purpose whatsoever without further notice to or consent from you.
ANY SUBMISSIONS YOU MADE IS VOLUNTARY, AND YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO MAKE ANY CLAIM FOR PAYMENT EITHER ON YOUR OWN BEHALF OR FOR A THIRD PARTY.
Further, by submitting your submissions, you represent and warrant all of the following:
- Your submissions are true and accurate, and are not defamatory, libelous, hateful, violent, obscene, pornographic, unlawful or otherwise offensive or unlawful;
- Your submissions do not violate the privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity; and
- In respect of your submission, you agree to waive and not to enforce any and all moral rights (such as artist rights, droit moral) or the like to the extent permitted under applicable law including without limitation, restrictions or limitation on subsequent modification.
You may only use the content available on the Site for your personal, non-commercial use provided always no modification of content is permitted, and you retain SciGen’s copyright and proprietary notices. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, use, repost or use the content available on the Site for any public or commercial purposes without SciGen’s prior written permission.
Any other reproduction of any material or information on the Site, or of the Site itself, is strictly and expressly prohibited. Please refer to [Site Prohibitions] for more information.
- To NOT do any act that intercept, interferes with, damage, disrupt, disable, impair or restrict:- (a) any parts of the Site; (b) the proper working of the Site, including its security functions or features of the Site; (c) the server on which the Site is stored; and/or (d) any server, network, equipment or database connected to the Site.
- To NOT use, aid, or abet the use of any means for the unauthorized purpose such as monitoring or copying the content on Site.
- To NOT attempt to gain unauthorized access, tampering, or alterations to any parts of the Site, accounts, server, network, equipment or database through any means such as hacking, password mining or any other means, or otherwise aid or abet in the same.
- To NOT attack, or otherwise aid or abet in the attack, the Site by any means, such as denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- To NOT link to any part of the Site or cause the Site or portions of it to be displayed by or appear to be displayed on any other site via means such as deep linking or in-line linking.
- To NOT transmit, or otherwise aid or abet in the transmitting, of any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, computer codes or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- To NOT transmit, or otherwise aid or abet in the transmitting, any unsolicited or unauthorised promotion (including without limitation junk mail, spam, chain letters, and pyramid schemes).
- To NOT transmit content or do or encourage any acts that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- To NOT transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit or which infringes another’s rights.
- To NOT impersonate SciGen, its personnel, and any other person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity (which includes without limitation by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To NOT engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm SciGen or other users of the Site or expose them to liability.
- If an account or password is provided to you by SciGen, such accounts or passwords are not transferrable and remain the exclusive property of SciGen, and as such please do to NOT share such accounts or passwords.
Please note that the prohibited conduct, whether malicious or otherwise, are treated seriously as it typically results to serious repercussions and ramifications, and as such SciGen will not hesitate to initiate and pursue any and all of our rights, remedies, and appropriate legal actions under the applicable laws.
We reserve the right to prohibit, deny, and terminate you access and use to any or all of the Site at any time, without notice at our sole discretion for any reason whatsoever.
- Forward-Looking Statements. This Site may contain forward-looking statements that were based on various assumptions as of publication date. Such statements are always subjected to various known and unknown uncertainties (such as scientific, business, economic and financial factors) outside of Scigen’s control that are material and therefore actual results may significantly be different from those presented. You should not rely on such statements, and any reliance by you on such statements are strictly at your own risk. You should always conduct the necessary due diligence and obtain the relevant independent advice or recommendation from a qualified professional. SciGen assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
- General Information. All content available on the Site, including reference to any product or services, are strictly intended as a general summary only published for the convenience for the online community. Hence, you understand and agree each of the following:-
2.1 While SciGen uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the content is accurate and up to date, you agree that the Site and its contents are provided on “AS IS” basis, and may contain inadvertent inaccuracies, omissions and errors.
2.2 That the Site and its contents, are NOT intended to, and should NOT, be used as any of the following:-
a. as complete medical or product information.
b. complete instructions on the appropriate use of the products.
c. as offering or advertising any product or the use of any product that is not authorised by the laws of your country of residence.
d. as a form of professional opinion or advisory (such as medical diagnosis or advice, investment advice).
e. as an alternative or substitute of professional opinion or advisory with the relevant qualified processionals.
f. as an invitation or offer to invest or deal with securities in SciGen (or any of its affiliates).
2.3 There should be no reliance on the Site and content for any purposes, especially as diagnosis or treatment relating to yourself or any other person. You are responsible to conduct your own due diligence by making verifications of the information through independent legitimate sources, and seek qualified professional advisory and opinion.
This Site is not intended to establish doctor-patient relationship. YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY SEE YOUR OWN MEDICAL DOCTOR OR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION. WE DO NOT OFFER PERSONALIZED MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR PATIENT-SPECIFIC TREATMENT ADVICE. You should always obtain complete product or medical information about the medical products (including their beneficial medical uses and possible adverse effects) prescribed to you by directly consulting with your prescribing physician.
2.4 If you are a healthcare professional, you should check with relevant local authorities to obtain the complete registered product information leaflet since product information may vary by country. Further, healthcare professionals must exercise own professional judgment in evaluating any content on the Site regardless if such content pertains to medical or scientific research or news, diagnostic tools, continuing education training materials. Healthcare professionals should further consult with other professional sources and references prior to making any evaluation or treatment decisions.
2.5 Overall, the ACCESS, USE, AND RELIANCE OF THE SITE AND OF ITS CONTENTS HEREOF IS STRICTLY AT YOUR SOLE RISK AS TO THE COST AND CONSEQUENCE. Please refer to the section [Disclaimer & Limitation Of Liability] below as by accessing and using the Site or its contents, you agree that SciGen (including its related corporations, affiliates and partnerships) and their respective personnel (such as officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives) under any circumstances are not be liable for any damages of any kind or nature (including without limitation direct, indirect, special, consequential, and incidental damages) that may arise or be in connection with the access to or use of, or the inability to access to or use of, or reliance on any third-party websites, its content, and of its products or services regardless of whether SciGen were advised as to the possibility of such damages.
- Names of healthcare professionals. The Site may sometimes display name, contact details, and content of any healthcare professionals. Such healthcare professionals are independent and are neither employees nor agents of SciGen. To reiterate, such content is provided as general summary only published for the convenience for the online community. Hence, any information on the Site relating to name, address, content of any healthcare professionals does not constitute any endorsement or recommendations or advice of SciGen. SciGen takes no responsibility as to the qualifications or authenticity of these healthcare professionals or the correctness of medical advice or opinion they provide, and as above, you are required to conduct your own due diligence in verifying the authenticity and credibility of the information.
- Revisions to Site and its Content. SciGen have the right to revise the Site and its contents at any time without any prior notice.
- Trademarks. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos and get-ups (hereinafter collectively referred to as “trademarks”) appearing on the Site, whether registered or unregistered, are owned by SciGen save and except where indicated otherwise. Save and except for identifying SciGen’s products and services, you may not use our trademark without our prior written authorization.
All third-party products, services and trademarks that may appear or referenced in the Site are the property of their respective owners and SciGen does not claim any ownership or responsibility on the same, and you should seek prior legal consent from the respective owner before using any of the same.
For added clarity, the intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, trademark, and patents) in all content in the Site are held by us or by the relevant intellectual property owner of the content. Except as expressly authorized herein, none of the content may be copied, downloaded, displayed, reproduced, republished, distributed, posted, transmitted, or used in any other form or by any other means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without our prior written permission or that of the intellectual property owner.
- Ownership. No right, title or interest in or to the Site or its content is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by SciGen.
- No License. Nothing on the Site (including existence, access or use of the Site, or of its contents) is intended or will be construed as granting (by implication, estoppel, or otherwise) any licence or right to use intellectual property without the express prior written permission of SciGen or such owner that may own the intellectual property.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS TO, AND FROM THIS SITE
- Third-Party Links from the Site. This Site may provide links, plugins or references to third-party websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube. Such links, plugins or references are only inserted for online user’s convenience who, of their own volition, wish to visit such third-party websites.
- Third-Party Links to the Site. There may also be instances where other third-party websites contain links or reference to the Site. You may only link to our Site’s homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal, and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it and you further must not do any of the following:-
a. you must NOT establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
b. you must NOT establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on SciGen’s part.
c. You must NOT cause the Site or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking, on any other site.
d. you must NOT link the Site if you are engaged in the publication or promotion of illegal, obscene, or offensive content, or if the link in any way negatively impacts Scigen’s reputation.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking cease immediately. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Your Responsibility. In any event, SciGen has not reviewed such third-party websites as we do not own, control, manage, approve, endorse, and/or recommend such third-party websites and of its contents. Hence:-
b. Please refer to the section [Disclaimer & Limitation Of Liability] below as by accessing and using the Site or its contents, you agree that SciGen (including its related corporations, affiliates and partnerships) and their respective personnel (such as officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives) under any circumstances are not be liable for any damages of any kind or nature (including without limitation direct, indirect, special, consequential, and incidental damages) that may arise or be in connection with the access to or use of, or the inability to access to or use of, or reliance on any third-party websites, its content, and of its products or services regardless of whether SciGen were advised as to the possibility of such damages.
DISCLAIMER & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE) REGARDING THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, COMPLETENESS, VERACITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, SECURITY, SUITABILITY, ACCESSIBILITY, AND/OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE AND OF ITS CONTENTS FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Unless and to the extent limitation is prohibited by law, you agree that SciGen (including its affiliates and related partnerships) and their respective personnel (such as officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives) under any circumstances is not be liable, directly or indirectly for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the Site and of its content on the Site or for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or other damages and loss of any nature (including, but not limited to, liability for business interruption or loss of data or profits) that may arise out of or in connection with existence of, access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Site and of its contents or of any linked third-party websites, even if SciGen were expressly advised on the possibility of such damages or losses.
You further agree that SciGen assume no responsibility, and is not be liable for any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to or use of or browsing of the Site or your downloading of any content from the Site. Furthermore, we assume no responsibility, and is not be liable for any damages whatsoever due to any third party’s unjustified access to the Site, passwords or data or information in the Site.
By accessing and using the Site, you hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SciGen (including its related corporations, affiliates and partnerships) and their respective personnel (such as officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives) from and against any actions, claims, demands, suits, proceedings, loss, liability, damages, costs and expenses (including without limitation costs of investigation, attorneys’ fees, and regulatory fines) that are directly or indirectly in connection with or arising from any of the following:-
- any negligent act or omission or willful misconduct by you in connection with your access or use of the Site or of its content; and
- any violation by you of applicable law.